Jeeva Sanmugam - Managing Director
Our business was founded in 1990, primarily producing high quality ready meals for the home-shopping market, before expanding into ‘Foodservice’. When I joined as Operations Director in 1994, we were already an established supplier of superior, hand-finished meals to pubs & bars. I became a partner in 1995, helping our business branch out into Hotels, High Street branded restaurants, Department Store Restaurants, First Class Travel operators, and provide ready-meal deluxe ranges for retailers.
My passion for food and belief in what we do and how we do it led me to buy out the company in 2008, becoming Managing Director, committed to our customers’ success cemented by our brand promise of ‘real chefs for real caterers’. Through the acquisition of Jon George Ltd in 2012 we were able to add a wide range of artisan desserts to Classic Cuisine’s portfolio. We moved our entire operation to Northampton where we make almost every type of product, sweet and savoury, and are proud to say our customers can now source a complete menu from Classic Cuisine.
Please meet the talented team that is committed to creating real value for your business. This very experienced senior team have the expertise and proven success in a diverse range of markets to guide you to the perfect winning menu choice.
• SPECIALIST SUPPLIERS OF HIGH QUALITY FROZEN GOURMET MEALS FOR RETAILERS & FOOD SERVICE.
• BRITISH PRIVATELY-OWNED BUSINESS, OPENED IN 1990 WITH JUST FOUR STAFF.
• NOW A COMMITTED INVESTOR IN PEOPLE, WITH OVER 80 EMPLOYEES (2008).
• PURPOSE-BUILT, 26,000 SQ FT FACTORY IN NORTHAMPTON, OPENED IN 1998, WITH FULL BRC A GRADE.
• 16 MAJOR INDUSTRY AWARDS IN THE LAST DECADE.